Alexander Fedorovich GAUSH 1873 — 1947
Олександр Федорович ГАУШ • Александр Федорович ГАУШ
Alexander Fedorovich Gaush was born in St. Petersburg in 1873. Painter, collector, patron of art. Graduated from St. Petersburg Art Academy in 1899 where he studied in the studios of P. Chistakov and A. Kiselev. Was a member of “World of Art” group. Since 1907 was a member of research committee to preserve historical treasures of St. Petersburg. He was also the member of the board of director of the Museum of Old St. Petersburg since 1909. Together with A. Benua organized and prepared the exhibition of historical architecture at St. Petersburg Art Academy in 1911. Gaush was one of the initiators to organize the Museum of the City of St. Petersburg in 1918. Artist’s wife, Lubov Nikolayevna Gaush was also a painter.